Topics

DMR Gateway #gateway

DMR Quebec

DMR GATEWAY

L XLX e DMR GATEWAY. .....presto un altra sperimentazione ci terrà occupati.......Programmate le vostre radio!

David Ik5xmk:
Hi All

DMR is different to the other protocols in use in our hobby, it is centralised. This is probably because this is how commercial networks are created with commercial repeaters and we followed that pattern. The two main networks being DMR+ and BrandMeister. Commercial repeaters don’t have to understand the concept of linking to reflectors or anything above talk groups and private calls. This is a shame for amateurs as having centralised networks which are not open source limits experimentation and choice for the sysops and users.

With the advent of the DMR XLX reflectors that do an extremely impressive job of bridging DMR and D-Star and eventually Fusion, and are open source and independent of the existing networks, I decided that the time had come for me to shine some light into the DMR world and offer choice, in the same way that the ircDDB Gateway had done for D-Star. The DMR landscape needs a shakeup and users given greater choice.

That is why I have created the DMR Gateway, available from my GitHub page. This software allows an MMDVM repeater to able to link to XLX and their existing DMR networks. Furthermore it allows for linking to two existing DMR networks as well as XLX! Almost total freedom.

In order to do this the gateway has the ability to map Talk Groups and Private Calls between slots and even the numbers themselves. Therefore you can have slot 1 TG8 on XLX, and slot 1 TG9 onto slot 1 TG9 of BM, and maybe even slot 1 TG10 onto slot 2 TG9 of DMR+. In fact almost any combination is possible. It can map the private calls needed to switch reflectors. The XLX private calls are fixed as being 4000 to 4026 on either slot, and you can shift the private calls needed on the other networks to whichever range you want. So slot 1 5000-5999 could be mapped onto BM slot 2 4000-4999, etc. It even has an optional option to handle the currently misbehaving IPSC2 implementation, mapping private calls to TGs on an individual basis.

This software has been in use for a few weeks and the software has been updated a number of times based on feedback.

It is very powerful, and so any use of it requires you, the sysop, to sit down and think exactly what layout of TGs and private calls you want, before configuring and running the software. I am sure there’ll be much discussion and example ini files on the group.

Jonathan G4KLX

PS most XLX DMR is on XLX950 module E which is reached via a private call to 4005, and 4000 for unlinking.

Admin